The latest 580MB PTR build (67580) for Patch 1.47 includes all the Echo skins, victory poses, sprays, voicelines, and all the goodies. That means Echo is close to coming to Live servers very soon.
While testing Echo in the Practice Range on the PTR, I noticed a feature I had not seen before: Training Partner.
I launched the live game, and the feature isn’t present, which means Training Partner is a new feature.
Basically, you stand near the computer terminal where a tooltip appears:
“PRESS H TO CHANGE TRAINING PARTNER”
Blizzard Entertainment release a new patch to the Overwatch PTR servers to address several Echo bug fixes, and minor ones for D.va and Tracer. This patch was over 800MB.
The latest PTR patch has nerfed Echo a little bit by reducing her sticky bomb damage slightly and increasing her Ultimate cost.
The Viper (Secondary Fire)
- Updated lever action sound to better line up with when she can shoot again
- Explosion damage reduced from 30 to 25
- Ultimate cost increased by 16%
- Fixed a bug where blinking mid-air could allow Tracer to move slightly vertically upward
- Fixed a bug where a Duplicated hack or sleep wouldn’t persist 3 seconds after the duplication ended
Jeff Kaplan introduced Echo in this latest Developer Update and announced that Echo is now on the PTR. He described her abilities and the Ultimate ability.
Echo is definitely going to change how we have been playing Overwatch these past years. She has Flight and glide, she can do boosted damage to players and even Barriers that are 50% health, she can stick bombs, and her Ultimate — like her namesake — duplicates an enemy player’s abilities and Ultimate abilities — and by doing so, her own Ultimate charge grows — meaning that Echo can cast her Ultimate very often.
Just imagine 3 tanks in your team when Echo copies the enemy’s tank. Or duplicating the enemy’s Mercy to have two resurrections in your team. From what Jeff described… it is going to be pandemonium. The transcript has been added below.
A new tweet by the Overwatch account has posted what looks like a new hero teaser, akin to the ones we have seen before for Sigma, Orisa, and other heroes.
This log by Mina Liao gives a very strong vibe that the new hero might be Echo. Better yet… the tab indicates: March 20th. Today is March 16…
> Accessing… > Fragment Recovered: Personal Log of Dr. Mina Liao > File status: Complete
Blizzard Entertainment has rolled out the Overwatch Archive 2020 Event which lasts from March 12 – April 2.
This year, there is a lot of rewards to work for.
The Overwatch lead writer Michael Chu announced via Twitter that he is departing Blizzard Entertainment: “moving on to new adventures!”
He leaves behind a legacy of in-game dialogues and story, cinematics, short stories, comics, and no doubt most of the core stories we will encounter in Overwatch 2, and a few fun BlizzCon panels and Q&As to binge in YouTube.
Good luck wherever he lands, and future projects.
The Ashe Mardi Gras Challenge event has started. Watch participating streams to earn new Mardi Gras sprays. The event lasts from Feb 25 – Mar 9.
Good Smile Company and Figma showed off the newest Figma Overwatch action figures joining the roster, now shipping.
The action figures were developed with cooperation by Masaki Apsy.
Razer is selling the Blizzard-licensed Razer Nari Ultimate Overwatch Lucio Edition for PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch and mobile via its 3.5mm and USB connectors. Usually at $229.99, you can get it now for $169.99. That’s $60 or 26% off.
- Razer Hypersense Haptic Feedback for Unparalleled Immersion: Provides industry-leading audio realism for intense, in-game immersion and positional accuracy coupled with THX Spatial 7.1 surround sound.
- 2.4GHz Wireless Audio – Enjoy high-fidelity, no-lag gaming audio.
- Lightweight & Auto-Adjusting Headband for Extended Gaming Sessions: The Nari Ultimate adapts to the shape of the user’s head for convenient comfort.
- Retractable Mic with Audio Adjustment: Tune game/chat balance for the perfect mix of game audio and team communication; also includes a volume adjustment wheel and mic mute button directly on the headset.
- Soft Cloth Cushions with Cooling Gel: Reduces heat build-up while providing comfort and sound isolation for hours of comfort.
- Compatibility: Wireless connection with PC and PS4. Wired compatibility via 3.5mm cable with PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Includes 16.8 million color combinations.
In a strange move, recently Blizzard Entertainment moved the Overwatch League broadcast streaming from Twitch to YouTube.
eSports Observer uncovered through sources familiar with negotiations and contracts that YouTube paid $160 millions to Activision Blizzard for a 3-year media rights deal to stream Overwatch League through YouTube.
The latest Overwatch PTR patch doesn’t have any hero balancing updates. It merely fixes several Workshop bugs. You can read the previous PTR patch which introduced the new Hero Pools feature here.
Blizzard Entertainment deployed the Overwatch Patch 126.96.36.199.66085. This patch nerfs Brigitte, Widowmaker and Wrecking Ball slightly, and buffs Symmetra’s photon projections with +20 damage.
The console version only has 2 additional changes to Symmetra’s turrets and Ana’s bullet size.
The Overwatch League 2020 has kicked off with its Day 1 matches. The first day was hosted in New York at the Hammerstein Ballroom (Manhattan), but Dallas will host other rounds later.
Below you can read the teams that fought the opening weekend.