Overwatch 2 Job Opening Reveals Story Description
A job opening for the Overwatch 2 team seems to openly explain the story behind the upcoming sequel.
The Overwatch members are coming together to fight a new Omnic Crisis by Null Sector. But not the same Null Sector of Uprising in King’s Row. This new Null Sector is invading several nations around the world.
The brief paragraph describing the story gives better context than what the developers actually said about the story in the BlizzCon 2019 Overwatch 2 panel. You can read the panel transcript here.
You can apply for this job opening here.
Engine Systems Engineer – Overwatch 2
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Engine Systems Engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work.
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful.
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes.
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback.
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success.
- We have passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology.
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard’s most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for games and developing systems on multiple platforms, working in areas like core architecture, scene management, memory management, data storage and delivery systems and formats.
- Chip in to the development and discussions surrounding overall engine architecture
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and engineers to develop and refine key systems which used by multiple game titles
- Design, implement and develop tools for designers and artists, including platform specific engine implementation
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience on at least one shipped title
- C++ and object-oriented design skills
- Experience working with game engines or real-time kernels
- Good understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical teammates
- Self-motivated and a great teammate willing to pitch in on many areas of development
- Passion for writing clean and performant code
- Experience with rendering, shader development, and graphics hardware and API’s
- Knowledge of animation, camera control, and lighting
- Interest in workflow automation
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!