Blizzard Careers: Cinematic Animator (Temp)
Blizzard Entertainment is looking to fill a temporary position for a Cinematic Animator. The listing doesn’t specify for which team, but considering the Overwatch story will be told outside the game itself (which is confirmed to lack a single-player component) this temporary position [might] be for Overwatch or for some secret project.
Do you have the skills, and experience to apply for this position? Do you know a family or friend who might be able to apply? Then visit the application page.
Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment.
- A minimum of 3 years’ character and / or creature CG animation experience in game development, television, or film industry using Maya or equivalent 3D program
- Passion for film, animation and video games
- Able to effectively collaborate with other artists, producers, and programmers
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Assist in supporting and evolving the cinematics team with constructive feedback both technically and artistically
- Traditional artistic skills: story boarding, gesture drawing, 2D animation, and composition
- Technical skills: rigging, scripting, and understanding of pipeline
- Physical skills: acting, martial arts, and choreography
- Film making skills: cinematography, pre-visualization, editing, and story writing
- Understanding of FX, particles, cloth, and hair as they contribute to a character’s performance