Blizzard Entertainment deployed Overwatch Patch 1.29.1 introducing the new Halloween Season, Torbjorn & Pharah rework, some balance changes and bug fixes.
The Summer Games 2018 event has begun adding new Overwatch skins, Sprays, Emotes, Victory Poses holding gold medals, Voicelines, and 1 Highlight Intro for Moira and Orisa.
In the video, I show all the new Summer Games 2018 skins, emotes, victory poses, voicelines and sprays.
Read the full Patch Notes below:
Move out of the way! Wrecking Ball has crash landed upon Overwatch Live along with changes to Bastion, McCree, Mei, Soldier: 76, Widowmaker, Hanzo and Sombra. In addition, Assault Maps timer has been reduced from 5 minutes down to 4 minutes per control point.
Wrecking Ball’s tinkering capabilities and iron-clad mech make him a formidable tank hero, capable of bowling through the front line of the opposition and causing mayhem in the back line. His primary weapon, Quad Cannons, are two sets of twin machine guns that shred enemies caught in their crosshairs. No team is too much for Wrecking Ball to engage against with his Adaptive Shield, which generates more health based on the number of enemies nearby. This shield makes him incredibly difficult to kill when he bulldozes into the fray and, once he starts to get low on health, also provides him the endurance to escape. The Roll ability allows Wrecking Ball to withdraw the mech’s robotic limbs, transforming it into a ball with increased movement speed. No obstacle can stand in Wrecking Ball’s way when he uses Grappling Claw, a short-range ability that grips the environment, letting him swing across terrain gaps or around corners to smash enemies. Grappling Claw also allows Wrecking Ball to reach top speed and ram into foes, dealing destructive damage and knocking them back. While airborne, the mech’s Piledriver ability causes Wrecking Ball to slam down from the air and knock his enemies off their feet.
When Wrecking Ball is at his strongest, he can use Minefield which flings mines onto the ground that deal a considerable amount of damage to enemies unfortunate enough to trigger them.
As with all new heroes, please note that Wrecking Ball's release in Competitive Play will be delayed by two weeks.
- Added a note to Sombra’s Hero Information page about her ability to remove her own Translocator
- Removed the Shield Generators Destroyed statistic from players’ Career Profiles
Looking for Group
- Added a button that allows you to queue into the selected game mode once the group becomes full
- Added a button to relist groups in the LFG browser when the group has empty role slots
Developer Comments: The goal of these changes is to slightly reduce the impact of damage falloff on mid-range weapons. While assessing falloff mechanics across the board, weapons intended primarily for close-range combat benefited too greatly from lowering their falloff restrictions. We also normalized a couple of outliers in that Mei had a long-range travel time projectile with falloff applied and Widowmaker's automatic fire did not have any.
- Several heroes have received major changes to their damage falloff:
- Configuration: Sentry and Configuration: Recon - Minimum damage at max range increased from 30% to 50%.
- Peacekeeper - Minimum damage at max range increased from 30% to 50%
- Endothermic Blaster - Removed all damage falloff from her secondary fire projectile
- Soldier: 76
- Heavy Pulse Rifle - Minimum damage at max range increased from 30% to 50%
- Widow's Kiss - Now has damage falloff applied on her automatic primary fire (50% at max range)
Developer Comments Hanzo’s new kit has proven to be a bit too powerful, especially his new Storm Arrows ability. We’re lowering the frequency that he can have this ability available to make it more reasonable to play around.
- Duration reduced from 6 to 5 seconds
- Cooldown increased from 8 to 10 seconds
Developer Comments These changes allow Sombra to more easily play as an infiltrator and scout for her team, as well as give her time to pick and choose when to reveal herself to ambush her enemies.
- Now lasts indefinitely
- No longer can contest objectives while invisible
- Movement speed buff decreased from +70% to +50%
- Now lasts indefinitely
- Can now be destroyed (has 5 health)
- Radius reduced
Developer Comments: In a previous patch we added a system to adjust the respawn rate of defenders in situations where attackers have a prolonged advantage in fights on final objectives. We’re just making this system a bit more aggressive to further reduce the duration of the long, drawn out fights that can occur when the defender spawns are so close to the action.
- When final objectives on non-control maps are contested for extended amounts of time and attackers have an advantage in numbers, the respawn time for defenders now increases even faster
Developer Comments: We have reduced the overall game time for Assault maps in Quickplay and Arcade Modes. Players now have four minutes to capture each point instead of the current five minutes per point. In some games, Point A would be captured rather quickly resulting in what could be lengthy battle over Point B. Point B is typically more defendable than Point A and, in some games, defenders were able to hold for the entire duration of remaining time which could potentially be 8 minutes or more. We felt that in these instances the overall time was simply too long for either team, with attackers unable to take the point and defenders having to hold. The reduction in time is now consistent with the Competitive Play times which provides an ample amount of time for both attackers and defenders, but hopefully removes the occasional game where it feels like you are playing against the timer and not the other team.
- Objective time reduced from 5 minutes to 4 minutes per control point in Quick Play and Arcade modes
- Fixed a bug that caused the group leader’s UI to appear that they’re canceling or leaving Waiting for Players when using a controller
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from receiving an AFK warning for not moving after receiving the No XP warning for not being in combat
- Fixed a bug that caused Competitive Elimination to display as your last match played in the Recent Players menu
- Fixed a bug that prevented players added to Avoid as Teammate from being removed if that player was added to their friends list
- Fixed a bug that caused Torbjörn bot to continuously try upgrading his turret when placed in an inaccessible location
- Fixed a bug that prevented groups electing to spectate from being placed into the Spectator section of the Custom Game they’re trying to watch
- Fixed a bug that caused the Team Information screen to display an Endorsement level of a player who left the game
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Endorsement input from opening the Endorsement tray if it shared that input with another input
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Nearby Players menu from displaying Endorsement levels
- Fixed a bug that caused the text for the Sportsmanship Endorsement to bleed outside the chat box
- Fixed a bug that allowed heroes to deploy multiple barriers or turrets when a decreased cooldown modifier was applied in a Custom Game
- Fixed a bug that caused players to sometimes spawn into a wall or floor when playing a Deathmatch Custom Game with Respawn as Random Hero enabled
- Fixed a bug that prevented heroes from playing a hit reaction animation when shot
- Fixed a bug that prevented Ana’s Naptime achievement from being granted when interrupting Moira’s Coalescence
- Fixed a bug that caused Ana’s Sleep Dart effect to persist on afflicted targets after changing heroes
- Fixed a bug that prevented Brigitte from dashing forward when using Shield Bash if she was airborne due to Doomfist’s Rising Uppercut
- Fixed a bug that caused Brigitte’s portrait to show a non-existent ponytail with her Shieldmaiden skin equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist’s Rocket Punch to stop if he hit Symmetra’s Turret when it was in midair
- Fixed a bug that prevented Doomfist’s Meteor Strike from hitting Reinhardt if he faced his Field Barrier upward
- Fixed a bug with Doomfist’s Rocket Punch that prevented it from canceling Genji’s Cyber-agility, Lúcio’s Wall Ride, or Hanzo’s Wall Climb on impact
- Fixed a bug that prevented Doomfist’s Meteor Strike impact visual effect from occurring
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist to plummet to his death if he used Meter Strike in the basement of the Château Guillard Deathmatch map
- Fixed a bug that prevented D.Va’s mech rear hatch from connecting to her mech when viewing D.Va’s Peace Victory Pose.
- Fixed a bug that caused Genji’s kneepad to clip into his legs when wearing his Classic skin
- Fixed a bug that caused Genji’s knees to pop while shifting his weight during his idle animation in the Hero Gallery
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Hanzo’s Dragonstrike projectile to fire backward
- Fixed a bug that prevented Junkrat’s Frag Launcher grenades from dealing the correct amount of damage on direct hits
- Fixed a bug that allowed Junkrat to set multiple Steel Traps in Custom Games
- Fixed a bug that prevented teammates from viewing Junkrat’s respawn timer if he died while piloting RIP-Tire
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to move the camera when Junkrat’s RIP-Tire was frozen
- Fixed a bug that caused Junkrat’s Frag Launcher grenades to get stuck in certain terrain
- Fixed a bug that caused Mei’s Ice Wall to be destroyed if Sombra hacked her
- Fixed a bug that caused Mercy's Cadeceus Staff and Cadeceus Blaster to appear missing when using quick melee and weapon swap simultaneously
- Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to damage boost certain abilities (e.g. Hanzo’s Dragonstrike, D.Va’s Self-Destruct, and Junkrat’s Steel Trap)
- Fixed a bug that prevented Moira’s Healing Orb from healing friendly training bots in the Practice Range
- Fixed a bug that prevented Moira’s Biotic Orbs from trigging controller vibration when using a controller
- Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt’s Charge from propelling him forward if he was airborne due to Doomfist’s Rising Uppercut
- Fixed a bug that allowed Roadhog’s Chain Hook target to be pulled to his new location when he used Symmetra’s Teleporter
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to push and contest payloads while invisible
- Fixed a bug that caused parts of Sombra’s Translocator to be invulnerable
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to reach unintended locations
- Fixed a bug that prevented Symmetra’s Turrets from displaying a red outline when viewed by the enemy team
- Fixed a bug that caused Reinhardt’s Earthshatter to sometimes go through Symmetra’s Photon Barrier
- Fixed a bug that prevented Symmetra’s Teleporter from using visual effects with her Oasis skin equipped
- Fixed a bug that allowed Symmetra to receive credit toward her Huge Success achievement if she teleported her Sentry Turrets
- Fixed a bug that prevented Symmetra’s Photon Barrier from destroying existing ones when placing a new one in Deathmatch
- Fixed a bug that allowed Symmetra’s Sentry Turrets to shoot enemies through walls when placed on uneven surfaces
- Fixed a bug that caused Symmetra’s Teleport telegraph to cancel if she fell off a ledge while placing it
- Fixed a bug that allowed Tracer to gain capture point progress during her Recall ability
- Fixed a bug that prevented Zarya’s Particle Cannon from gaining energy when attacked by an enemy Symmetra or Zarya if they were too close to her when she used Particle Barrier
- Fixed a bug that prevented Widowmaker from grappling to some walls
- Fixed a bug that caused all game modes to be selectable when adding a player to a group
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Choose Roles menu from offering a default role when accessed
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from receiving messaging notifying them why they were unable to change a Looking for Group title if they were suspended from changing Custom Game names
- Fixed a bug that prevented role icons from displaying on hero portraits
- Fixed a bug that allowed two players were able to queue for the same Looking for Group spot
- Fixed a bug that prevented Junker Queen’s voice lines from playing
The latest Overwatch PTR 22.214.171.124.49009 build introduced either buffs or nerfs to all Support Heroes (except Zenyatta). Geoff Goodman explains the logistics of these changes.
In the next patch we’re reviewing the current state of support heroes and are making some changes to nearly all of them to keep them competitive with each other. I’ll start by just listing the changes below:
- Nano Boost additionally heals the target instantly for 300 HP.
- Shield Bash cooldown increased from 6 to 7 seconds.
- Sound Barrier effect increased 50% from 500 to 750 shields.
- Crossfade aura radius increased 20% from 10m to 12m.
- Primary fire healing beam reduced 17% from 60 HP/s to 50 HP/s.
- Healing resource base regen rate increased 20%.
Now that all the changes are listed, I’ll go through each hero and talk a bit about the goals of these changes and our current views on each support hero in general.
Ana has a very strong and unique toolbox, with the potential to dish out more healing than any other hero in the game. That said, she has a couple disadvantages that can be difficult to overcome, such the potential to miss your targets, not having any mobility options, and having a more difficult time keeping herself healed up. Her ultimate can be very powerful but often feels like it can be difficult to use effectively unless it is used in combination with other allied ultimates such as Genji’s Dragonblade. This new change allows Ana to use her ultimate as a clutch save on a dying teammate, or even use it in combination with her Biotic Grenade for a huge instant heal on even the biggest of tank health pools.
Shield Bash is Brigitte’s strongest ability, and its short cooldown makes it very difficult to play around. We’d like to keep her Shield Bash and subsequent melee combos powerful and effective, while just allowing a little more counter-play against it. We’ve talked about possibly reducing her defense somewhere, such as reducing her barrier health. However, her tank-hybrid nature is a core part of her kit and we want to make sure she maintains that feeling of being a difficult target to take down. Overall Brigitte’s win rate is still the highest of any support, despite dishing out the lowest amount of raw healing per second. This speaks volumes to how powerful her kit can be outside of her direct healing numbers.
Lucio’s Crossfade aura can be an invaluable addition for any team, but it can sometimes be difficult to keep your whole team boosted. We’re increasing the radius of Lucio’s Crossfade aura to allow more flexibility in how he moves while still maintaining his powerful support songs to help out his team. His ultimate is also being increased to help counter large spikes of damage. For example, Junkrat’s ultimate can deal a maximum of 600 damage, which Sound Barrier can now potentially negate completely. It is worth noting that even though the initial shield he provides is larger, it still takes the same amount of time to destroy itself.
Mercy is intended to be able to consistently pump out more healing than any other healer over the course of a match. While this is currently true, the difference in healing is so significant that it makes it very difficult for other healers to compete with her for a spot on a team. Reducing her healing output will close this gap a little, but she will still maintain her status as the go-to pick for raw healing power. We’ll keep an eye on her to make sure she is still a strong pick.
Moira is a strong hero that doesn’t need a ton of changes. The resource change her is mostly to help her out in the situations where you’re just not able to get close enough the enemy to drain them for resources. Now if you’re team is sparring with the enemy team at super long ranges, you’ll have a bit more resources to work with to keep your team topped off.
We aren’t making any changes to Zen right now, as we feel he is in a pretty good spot. He is doing his job well as a hybrid damage/healer and being able to provide discord orb for your team will always be welcome.
These changes are coming to the PTR very soon. We’re always looking at our stats, gathering feedback and playing the game to make sure we keep all the heroes viable. We will have time to watch and iterate on these changes throughout this PTR cycle, so please play and give feedback!
The latest Overwatch PTR patch 126.96.36.199 introduced a Symmetra rework, and balance changes for Doomfist, and Orisa. Multiple bug fixes for several heroes, and map updates.
The Horizon Lunar Colony has been heavily edited with known access points closed, and new access points added, including a new stairs to access the catwalk above the Point A, and shield pads placed at the catwalk to take cover behind.
Most intriguing? Specimen 8’s room is now open for exploration, and this might be a big smiley-face hint that Specimen 8 (aka Hammond) is coming to Overwatch as a new Hero. Hammond is a chimpanzee. You can read more about him here (that was the May 2017 article where the Horizon Lunar Colony was first introduced in the PTR.
To see how the Specimen 8’s Room looked like in Live servers go here.
Read the patch notes below.
The latest Overwatch PTR build got a new patch to increase the amount of Health Packs distributed across the map. The following video shows you the location of the new Health packs.
Blizzard Entertainment deployed Patch 188.8.131.52 which introduces the brand-new event: Retribution — set in Venice, Italy.
A very sought feature allows you now to choose “Avoid as Teammate” so you never play with the toxic or trollish players that have joined your matches often.
There are many bug fixes and balance changes to heroes. Check out the patch notes below.
The latest Overwatch patch addresses several bugfixes and special focus on Lucio’s capacity to wreck CTF games with his wall ride ability.
- Wall Ride
- Activating Wall Ride will now cause the flag to drop during Capture the Flag matches
Developer Comments: Lúcio’s Wall Ride allowed him to reach unintended places in Capture the Flag maps, which made it overly difficult for opponents to stop him. So, we have changed the ability to cause the flag to drop instead for better balanced matches.
- Fixed a typo that caused the Lunar New Year banner to display the wrong end date for Overwatch Lunar New Year
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the client to crash after a player used the Hero Skin Selection dropdown menu in Hero Select
Capture the Flag
- Fixed a bug that allowed Winston to pick up the flag while airborne after activating his Jump Pack
- Fixed a bug that caused flags dropped near ceilings to get stuck inside of walls
- Fixed a bug that caused Mei to levitate if she used Cryo-stasis
Game Browser and Custom Games
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from playing games in the Arcade if they were using a trial account
- Fixed a bug that caused hero ultimate charges to reset after the first death if a player changed their skin using the Hero Skin Selection a second before the match began
- Fixed a bug that caused Zarya’s reaction animations to loop continuously after taking damage following the destruction of her Particle Barrier
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Weekly Rewards timer in from displaying correctly in the Arcade
The latest Overwatch PTR 184.108.40.206 (build 42530) was released today in the evening. It mostly deals with Junkrat and Mercy changes.
A new Overwatch patch is currently in development and now available for testing. To share your feedback or report and issue, please post in the PTR Feedback or FM Bug Report forums.
Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes will also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and therefore will only reflect changes coming specifically to that platform.
- Concussion Mine: Will now deal less damage to targets farther away from the explosion’s center.
Developer Comment: Junkrat has been enjoying the flexibility his double-charge Concussion Mine provides, but it has now become a bit too easy to throw out huge bursts damage in a large area. With this change he can still dish out similar damage but he must now be more accurate with his tosses.
- No longer makes Resurrect instant.
- No longer grants a bonus charge of Resurrect.
- The speed boost that Guardian Angel receives has been decreased by 50%.
- Duration reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds.
Developer Comment: Mercy’s recent Resurrect changes have helped in allowing enemies to have more counter play in dealing with her, but she was able to use Resurrect through Valkyrie enough to largely mitigate the impact of the previous changes. Additionally, we’re toning back the amount of mobility Valkyrie provides through Guardian Angel and reducing its duration to overall reduce the power of this ability.
We will likely be iterating on these changes in the coming weeks.
Small patch went out early between Friday-Saturday (depending your time zone) that addressed several bug fixes introduced in the Junkertown patch.
Arcade: Hanamura, Horizon Lunar Colony, Temple of Anubis, and Volskaya Industries have been removed from the Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch map rotation, but can still be selected in Custom Games.
User Interface: Made several adjustments to the spectator camera to improvve the viewing experience.
- Fixed a bug that caused the audio from Junkertown’s front gate to play when previewing and opening Loot Boxes.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the stagger and knockdown VO from cancelling active voice lines.
- Fixed a bug that allowed an incorrect voice line to play when firing D.va’s Micro Missiles.
- Fixed an issue that caused the spectator camera to lose track of heroes and player-controlled objects (e.g. Junkrat’s RiP-Tire).
- Fixed a bug that prevented Genji and Mercy’s Ultimate voice lines from functioning properly when the Oni or Winged Victory skins were equipped.
- Fixed an issue that caused sound effects to continuously repeat when using a beam weapon (e.g. Zarya’s Particle Cannon) to destroy the motorcycle in the attacker’s spawn room on Junkertown.
- Fixed an issue that activated audio cues that are typically associated with enemy hits when shooting the motorcycle on Junkertown.
Blizzard Entertainment deployed Overwatch Patch 220.127.116.11 introducing the new map: Junkertown, now in live servers. Additionally, several bug fixes and Hero updates.
Overwatch 18.104.22.168 Patch Notes
New Escort Map: Junkertown
Junkertown is located in the harsh and unforgiving Australian Outback. Constructed from the remains of a destroyed omnium, it's now the home to a band of lawless scavengers known as the Junkers, led by their cutthroat Queen. When they aren’t pillaging the omnium's skeleton for anything of value, the Junkers blow off steam in the Scrapyard—a massive gladiatorial arena whose combatants fight for glory, riches... and to survive.
- [XB1] Players whose Xbox Live reputation has been downgraded to "Avoid Me" will remain in the same matchmaking pool as other Overwatch players. Howevers, they will no longer be able to use the in-game voice communication
- Players will no longer see the Assemble Your Team screen at the beginning of a game
- Players who purposefully kill themselves will no longer respawn as a new hero. However, their Ultimate ability will reset and anything that’s been placed (i.e. Torbjörn’s turret) will despawn
- Players will no longer be respawned as the same hero
- These changes also apply to any custom games where the “Respawn as Random Hero” option has been enabled.
User Interface Updates
- The skull icons that indicate where teammates were killed throughout the map have been replaced with hero portrait icons
- Third person camera view will now frame the action automatically when spectating or waiting to respawn
- Micro Missiles (New Ability)
- D.Va fires a barrage of small rockets that detonate on impact, dealing damage in a limited radius around each explosion. These can be fired while D.Va is using any other ability or firing her Fusion Cannons
- Defense Matrix's resource meter will now deplete twice as quickly
- Energy regeneration per second has been increased to 12.5% (formerly 10%)
- Fusion Cannons can now be fired while flying
Developer Comments: D.Va’s Defense Matrix uptime has proven to be too strong, but simply reducing it without making other changes would make her too weak (and far less interesting to play). Instead, we’re adding a new ability and giving her the ability to fire while flying. These changes give D.Va new options while maintaining Defense Matrix’s ability to shut down big enemy attacks.
- Resurrect (Formerly Mercy's Ultimate ability)
- Ability now targets a single player, instead of every player within a radius
- Radius reduced to 5 meters
- Ability cooldown is 30 seconds
- Mercy is no longer granted invulnerability while Resurrect is active
- Valkyrie (New Ultimate Ability)
- Valkyrie unleashes the full power of Mercy’s Valkyrie suit, enhancing her weapons and abilities for 20 seconds
- Caduceus Staff: Mercy's healing and damage boosts beams now affect all allies near the targeted teammate, and the staff's effective range has been extended
- Caduceus Blaster: Now has infinite ammo and increased projectile speed
- Guardian Angel: Increased range and movement speed
- Resurrect: Cooldown is instantly reset when Valkyrie is activated and reduced to 10s after the initial cast
- Hover: Mercy gains the ability to fly freely, at increased movement speed
- Regeneration (Passive): No longer interrupted when Mercy takes damage
Developer Comments: While resurrecting downed allies is a core part of Mercy’s gameplay, the way her Ultimate functioned was causing a number of problems. It was frustrating to play against, and it incentivized Mercy players to hide away from important battles, instead of taking part in them. This version turns Resurrect into a single target ability. It’s still an important part of Mercy’s kit, but plays much better for both Mercy players and her enemies. Valkyrie, her new Ultimate, gives her the opportunity for big game-making plays and opens a number of new options for her.
- Barrier Field
- Holding primary fire while your shield is active now allows you to rotate the camera
Developer Comments: This change gives Reinhardt more situational awareness while using his shield, allowing him to keep an eye on the battlefield while still protecting his team.
- A new “Movement Relative to Camera During Barrier Free Look” option can be found under Settings > Controls. Simply select “Reinhardt” from the dropdown menu. This allows players to change the way Reinhardt moves when Barrier Shield is active and players are controlling the third-person camera movement
- Fixed a bug that caused Custom Reticles to appear transparent and ignore opacity settings when their thickness was set to 1
- Fixed a bug that caused Control matches to be played in a best-of-five format when creating a custom game using the Competitive preset
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from requesting a highlight while viewing a killcam after being killed
- Fixed a bug that prevented voice lines from playing after players received five votes on a commendation card at the end of a match
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from automatically joining Match Chat, even when the option was enabled
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from receiving the Perfect Round indicator after an Elimination game if they received a temporary health boost from an ability (e.g. Lúcio’s Sound Barrier)
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Aim Ease In” setting to affect controller input too aggressively when the thumbstick was deflected diagonally
- Fixed an issue that prevented the entire Team Deathmatch description from being displayed in the info section
- Fixed a bug that occasionally caused the incorrect announcer VO to play in highlights captured during Deathmatch games
- Fixed a bug that allowed Junkrat to destroy his own Steel Traps with Concussion Mines
- Fixed a bug that occasionally caused the heroes’ “sigh” voice line to play when respawning
- Fixed a bug that interrupted the animation on Ana’s eye during the Beach Ball emote with her Captain Amari skin equipped
- Fixed a bug that prevented Doomfist from being knocked back when his Rocket Punch ability was being used
- Fixed a bug that allowed Doomfist’s Rocket Punch to hit players through the taxi on King’s Row
- Fixed a bug that caused a pair of pink fuzzy dice to mysteriously float onto the screen when viewing D.Va’s weapon in the Hero Gallery if her Cruiser skin was equipped
- Fixed an issue that caused the golden tint of Junkrat’s weapon to appear dull when his Firework skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug that gave Junkrat’s RIP-Tire a speed boost when players wall jumped on ledges
- Fixed a bug that occasionally caused Mei’s Ice Wall to launch players into the air
- Fixed a bug that caused Mei’s Ultimate to appear friendly (it failed to change from blue to red) after being reflected by Genji
- Fixed a bug that prevented Roadhog’s Chain Hook icon from being displayed in the kill feed when it caused an environmental kill
- Fixed a bug that caused Symmetra’s Photon Barrier to indicate a 10-second cooldown when the red “cannot use” icon was active
- Using D.Va's melee attack no longer cancels Micro Missile barrage
- D.Va's Micro Missiles are now interrupted by stuns, knockbacks, and other crowd-control effects
- Mercy’s Resurrect is no longer blocked by Steel Trap or Graviton Surge
- Mercy is no longer able to use Valkyrie to escape Graviton Surge and Steel Traps
- Fixed a bug on Ecopoint: Antarctica that could cause a crate to block your view of heroes during the winning team lineup
- Fixed a bug that allowed Reaper to reach unintended locations on Castillo
- Fixed a bug that allowed some heroes to reach unintended locations on Horizon Lunar Colony
- Fixed a bug that prevented reflections from appearing on weapons while standing in certain areas on Ilios
- Fixed a bug that caused jump pads to bounce players higher than intended on Oasis
- Fixed a lighting issue that caused some items on the last point of Route 66 to take on a pinkish hue when players used low video settings
- Fixed an issue that caused reflections to appear overly dark while players were standing in areas of the Cave Inn on Route 66
- Fixed an issue that caused excessive camera zoom and flashing lights when players loaded into the tutorial map
- Fixed a bug that prevented plated railings from being properly destroyed by weapons fire on Volskaya Industries
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations on Watchpoint: Gibraltar
- Removed the “Healing Prevented” statistic from Ana’s career profile page
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist’s Rocket Punch UI to occasionally remain visible when respawning
- Fixed a bug that prevented Doomfist’s Seismic Slam from accurately targeting moving objects, causing Doomfist to land in unintended locations
Blizzard Entertainment deployed Patch 1.14 introducing the new Free-for-All Deathmatch Chateau Guillard map and the Team Deathmatch.
The patch also adds hero changes: Junkrat can hold now two concussion mines; Orisa’s attack speed and shield size increased; Roadhog can now heal while moving, and damage taken while using take a breather was reduced by 50%; and Widowmaker’s hook cooldown was reduced, and her venom mines reveal the target (Only to her).
On the Competitive Play scene, seasons will now last only 2 months (instead of 3) which translastes into less Competitive Points at the end of the season. However, Competitive Points per win have increased to 15. Draws have increased to 5. Control Maps will now be Best 2-of-3 (instead of Best 3-of-5).
Blizzard Entertainment launched the new PTR 1.15 which introduces a new Mercy ultimate ability known as Valkyrie. Resurrect is now a Basic Ability (30 sec cooldown) that targets only one player. It no longer resurrects everyone within range. Valkyrie enables Mercy to fly for 20 sec, increasing her attack speed and flight movement.
D.va gained a new ability named Micro Missiles which launches a volley of small rockets at the target for 3 sec (cooldown: 8 sec). Defense Matrix no longer spends its full energy in one use. You can now use Defense Matrix up to 4 times in a row (every 2 sec) at any time. Defense Matrix takes 10 sec to recharge energy to full, afterwards.
In addition, the Ecopoint Antarctica map has been updated after the GamesCom 2017 animated short: Rise and Shine. There is a scene where Mei places the coffee cups of each deceased teammate at the foot of their cryogenic chambers. The map now has these coffee cups where Mei left them in the animated short.
VALKYRIE, RESURRECT AND MICRO MISSILES PREVIEW
VALKYRIE in action
Overwatch Patch 22.214.171.124B was deployed today in the evening to address a few emergency bugs introduced in the Doomfist patch.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the party leader from entering the Training Menu.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally caused crashes when players were attempting to purchase loot boxes.
- Fixed several bugs causing Doomfist skins to render incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally prevented Reinhardt’s Charge from knocking back enemies.
Doomfist is finally live in the latest Overwatch Patch. However, only enabled in Arcade Mode and Quick Play. It might be possible that Doomfist will be available in Competitive Play next week — giving players a week to master the hero before attempting to join competitive. We’ll see. In addition, the new Loot Box changes minimizes duplicates, the custom games had a few tweaks, and plenty of bug fixes.