Ana: “Everyone must find their cause.”
Role : Support
- One of the founding members of Overwatch, Ana uses her skills and expertise to defend her home and the people she cares for.
As the Omnic Crisis inflicted a heavy toll on Egypt, the country's depleted and undermanned security forces relied on elite snipers for support. Among them was Ana Amari, who was widely considered to be the world's best. Her superior marksmanship, decision-making, and instincts made her a natural selection to join the Overwatch strike team that would end the war.
Following the success of Overwatch's original mission, Ana served for many years as Strike Commander Morrison's second-in-command. Despite her responsibilities in leading the organization, Ana refused to step away from combat operations. She remained on active duty well into her fifties, until she was believed to have been killed during a hostage rescue mission by the Talon operative known as Widowmaker.
In truth, Ana survived that encounter, despite being gravely wounded and losing her right eye. During her recovery, she wrestled with the weight of a life spent in combat, and she chose to stay out of the world's growing conflicts. However, as time passed, she realized she could not sit on the sidelines while people threatened her city and the innocents around her.
Now, Ana has rejoined the fight to protect her country from the forces that would destabilize it, and most importantly, to keep her family and her closest allies safe.
Biotic RifleAna’s rifle shoots darts that can restore health to her allies or deal ongoing damage to her enemies. She can use the rifle’s scope to zoom in on targets and make highly accurate shots.
Sleep DartAna fires a dart from her sidearm, rendering an enemy unconscious (though any damage will rouse them).
Biotic GrenadeAna tosses a biotic bomb that deals damage to enemies and heals allies in a small area of effect. Affected allies briefly receive increased healing from all sources, while enemies caught in the blast cannot be healed for a few moments.
Nano BoostAfter Ana hits one of her allies with a combat boost, they temporarily move faster, deal more damage, and take less damage from enemies’ attacks.
My first gameplay experience with Ana Amari versus AI.
|Overwatch PTR - Ana Amari Gameplay Videos|
|Ana Gameplay # 2|
This article is being updated as the presentation goes on. Stay tuned!
- As of tuesday, there were 82.000 total matches
- Average match time: 7:34
- Most played hero: Pharah
- Best chance of winning: Symmetra
- Overwatch comes to Xbox One and Playstation4
- When Overwatch started to be developed, they planned from the beginning to have it on console as well
- No cross-plattform gaming
- The map is called Hollywood
- You escort a payload, an omnic director, HAL-Fred Glitchbot
- Starting from the Hollywood boulevard,
you enter the Goldshire Studios
- features lot of balconys and rooftops
- next up, you go through the studio sets
- Full Name: Mei-Lin Zhou, 31 years old
- Occupation: Climatologist, Adventurer
- Base of operation: Xi’an, China (formerly)
- Affilation: Overwatch (formerly)
- Armed with freezing weapons
- She got trapped and had to go in cryo and was only rescued years later while her team died
- First hero concepts got to close to Zarya
- Endothermic Blaster
Mei’s blaster unleashes a concentrated, short-range stream of frost that damages, slows, and ultimately freezes enemies in place. Mei can also use her blaster to shoot icicle-like projectiles at medium range.
- Ice Wall
Mei generates an enormous ice wall that obstructs lines of sight, stops movement, and blocks attacks.
Mei instantly surrounds herself with a block of thick ice. She heals and ignores damage while encased, but cannot move or use abilities.
Mei deploys a weather-modification drone that emits gusts of wind and snow in a wide area. Enemies caught in the blizzard are slowed and take damage; those who linger too long are frozen solid.
- Endothermic Blaster
- Real Name: Hana Song, Age: 19
- Occupation: Pro Gamer (formerly), Mech Pilot
- Base of Operations: Busan, South Korea
- Affiliation: Mobile Exo-Force of the Korean Army
- One influence that drived her design was the idea of her streaming how she pilots her mech
- Fusion Cannons
D.Va’s mech is equipped with twin short-range rotating cannons. They lay down continuous, high-damage fire without needing to reload, but slow D.Va’s movement while they’re active.
D.Va’s mech launches into the air, her momentum carrying her forward. She can turn and change directions or barrel through her enemies, knocking them back.
- Defense Matrix
D.Va can activate this forward-facing targeting array to shoot incoming projectiles out of the air.
D.Va ejects from her mech and sets its reactor to explode, dealing massive damage to nearby opponents.
- Fusion Cannons
- While in the mech, when she dies, only the mech is destroyed, and D.Va ejects.
- Light Gun
While outside of her mech, D.Va can continue the fight with a mid-range automatic blaster.
- Call Mech
If her armored battle suit is destroyed, D.Va can call down a fresh mech and return to the fray.
- Light Gun
- Genji is Hanzo’s brother
- Real Name: Genji Shimada, Age: 35
- Occupation: Adventurer
- Base of Operations: Shambali Monastery, Nepal
- Affiliation: Shimada Clan (formerly), Overwatch (formerly)
- He almost died to Hanzo
- Was given a cybernatic body by Mercy
- Overwatch wanted Genji’s help to dismantle the Shimada Clan
- Zenyatta helped him to come to terms with his new cybernetic body
Genji looses three deadly throwing stars in quick succession. Alternatively, he can throw three shuriken in a wider spread.
- Swift Strike
Genji darts forward, slicing the air with his katana and passing through foes in his path. After the initial strike, his targets begin to bleed and take additional damage over time. If Genji eliminates a target with this ability, he can instantly use it again.
With lightning-quick swipes of his sword, Genji reflects an oncoming projectile and sends it rebounding towards his opponent.
Genji brandishes his katana for a brief period of time. Until he sheathes his sword, Genji can deliver killing strikes to any targets within his reach.
You may have heard about the recent reports about two criminals on the loose.
Join us in A Moment in Crime special detailing the crimes of the pair known as “The Junkers“.
Should you have any information on the individuals known “Junkrat” and “Roadhog“,
please contact the authorities at firstname.lastname@example.org
I was at the GamesCom 2015 Blizzard Media Briefing where Blizzard Entertainment unveiled the newest hero to join the Overwatch roster: Lucio.
Real Name: Lúcio Correia dos Santos
Occupation: DJ; Freedom Fighter
Base of Operations: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Lúcio is a mobile music themed support hero equiped with a Sonic Amplifier, which can be used to shoot the enemy or to knock them back using its secondary function.
During combat he is continuously playing one of two songs with his Crossfade ability. One song is used to heal, the other to speed up your allies and yourself.The effect of his song can be increased by his Amp It Up skill.
Finally, with his ultiamte the Sound Barrier he’s able to briefly provide his allies and himself with personal shields for a brief moment.
To top it off, his skates allow him to slide on walls, and he extend it by jumping from wall to wall. This also allows him to bypass the enemies’ defense.
Lúcio is meant to be played as either a supporter or using his mobility and knock back as a skirmisher.
This video shows the two newest Overwatch maps: Numbani and Volskaya Industries.